Cerkiew greckokatolicka Wniebowstąpienia Pańskiego Gładyszów
The Greek Catholic Parish Church of the Ascension of Our Lord in Gładyszów
The Greek Catholic Parish Church of the Ascension of Our Lord in Gładyszów was built in 1938-39 by Hutsul carpenters.
The origin of the builders resulted in an unusual church, which does, however, manage to enchant with its beauty and proportions. The church was erected to the Greek cross plan. The iconostasis – as a result of the outbreak of World War II – could not be completed. The fittings consist of: a main altar with a canopy and tabernacle, two rococo side altars, one with an icon of The Crucifixion (C18th), the other with Madonna with Child C18th). In recent years an iconostasis has been built –at once bringing to a close the work begun at the end of the 1930s.