Cerkiew Opieki Najświętszej Marii Panny Bielanka
The Greek Catholic church of the Mother of God’s Care in Bielanka
The Greek Catholic church of the Mother of God’s Care in Bielanka was built in 1773and in 1947 a fire destroyed its roofs.
It was restored to its original shape as late as 2000. The walls of the nave, presbytery and tower as well as the church roofs are shingled. The bulbous domes are covered with sheet metal. The upper section of the tower is painted blue. The interior is adorned with ornamental and figural polychrome decoration (1913). Other notable items inside the church are an iconostasis of 1783 and several icons (1600s and 1700s). Currently, the faithful of three denominations can practise here as Orthodox, Greek Catholic and Roman Catholic services are held here. Worth seeing in the area! When being in Bielanka, it is worth taking a trip to the shelter on Magura Małastowska.