Kościół św. Andrzeja Apostoła Lipnica Murowana
St. Andrew’s Church in Lipnica Murowana
The St. Andrew’s Church in Lipnica Murowana was built in place of a wooden temple. Its founder was King Casimir the Great.
According to archival records, it was given to the faithful by Royal Decree on 1 July 1363. Many times, the church was destroyed by fires, despite reconstructions it maintained its Gothic shape. It has only one nave with three-sided chancel, chapels and the steeple in the façade. Special worship is paid to the Gothic figure of Our Lady with the Infant which perhaps is the gift from Casimir the Great.