Lubomir is the highest peak of the Lubomir and Łysina Ranges and is located at its eastern end. Its south-eastern slopes descend to the Jaworzyce Pass. The top of Lubomir is entirely forested, so it is devoid of views. In 1922, on the summit of Lubomir (then Łysina), a small astronomical observatory was built upon the initiative of Professor Tadeusz Banachiewicz. During the war, the Lubomir and Łysina Ranges were the place where partisan units were stationed. As part of the repressions, the observatory and the adjacent residential building were burnt down by the Germans in September 1944. In 2007, the observatory was rebuilt and named after Professor Tadeusz Banachiewicz.
A red trail leads to Lubomir from the PTTK Mountain Hostel on Kudłacze, and you will reach the summit in 1 hour and 15 minutes. There is also a black trail from the hostel, which joins the red trail at the Pod Łysiną fork. An alternative is the shortest of the trails to Lubomir - the red trail leading from the Jaworzyce Pass, which is less than 3 km long and is part of the Little Beskids Trail.